Paid for Hard Bound Thesis printing, binding and gold embossing service for University of Portsmouth students.
Hard Bound Thesis
In the event that your department is paying for your Thesis you will be given a printing coursework code by your tutor / school / department. We will print and bind and gold emboss your Hard Bound Thesis to University specifications and dispatch within 5 days of receiving your PDF.
Our theses are produced using hard bound black faux leather covers.
This service allows for 6 lines of gold embossed text for the title of your thesis, as well as 3 lines of text (author, qualification, year of submission), and one line of text for the spine (author, abbreviated qualification, year of submission).
Above 280 Pages
If your Thesis is above 280 pages in length it will be produced in 2 volumes. As standard these Theses are produced in equal volumes. e.g. if your Thesis is 320 pages, then each volume would be 160 pages in length. Alternatively you can specify which page number to start your second volume from when supplying your file.
Further gold blocking will also be added to the cover and spine to indicate "Volume 1" and "Volume 2" in line with regulations.
Please ensure you are aware of the maximum length of thesis that you are allowed to submit as per Section 12.7 in the Research Degrees Operational Handbook.
We will print and bind your Thesis to University specifications, and send it to a UK address of your choosing via Royal Mail (1st Class).
All Thesis are printed, bound and gold embossed and despatched within 5 days of receiving the PDF file (excluding weekends and bank holidays) which are then released to Royal Mail to deliver 1st class to the UK address you specify at checkout.
Printing Services is not responsible for any disruption to Royal Mail services that may impact on your delivery. Please note, Theses cannot be collected from Printing Services.
- Simply complete all the sections of the questionnaire using the printing coursework code given to you by your tutor / school / department etc.
- The questionnaire also captures the wording for your cover:
- Thesis Title:Up to 6 lines of 33 characters both upper and lower case
• Your Details: Please enter your name, qualification and year of submission. Up to 3 lines of 33 characters both upper and lower case.
• Spine: Please enter your name, abbreviated qualification e.g. PhD, and year of submission. 1 line of 33 characters both upper and lower case.
- Checkout your order.
- On confirmation of your order, you will receive an email for you to respond to with the one PDF file of your Thesis.
Note: PDF only. No other artwork file types are accepted.
For any enquiries about this service please contact us by one of the methods below:
T: 023 9284 3368