Free with valid cost code Hard Bound Thesis printing, binding and gold embossing service for University of Portsmouth students.
To order your free hard bound thesis if you have been given a valid cost code from your tutor or course admin office, please follow the instructions below.
Hard bound thesis are usually printed and bound with gold foil lettering on black covers and spine within 5 working days of receiving the PDF file (excluding weekends and bank holidays) which are then delivered by the printer if the delivery address is within Portsmouth Island or released to Royal Mail to deliver 1st class to the rest of the UK to the address you specify at checkout.
It is essential you allow time for printing and delivery when considering your deadlines. Printing Services is not responsible for any disruption to external print suppliers deliveries or Royal Mail services that may impact on your delivery.
Above 280 Pages
If your Thesis is above 280 pages in length it will be produced in 2 volumes. As standard these Theses are produced in equal volumes. e.g. if your Thesis is 320 pages, then each volume would be 160 pages in length. Alternatively you can specify which page number to start your second volume from when supplying your file.
Further gold blocking will also be added to the cover and spine to indicate "Volume 1" and "Volume 2" in line with regulations.
Please ensure you are aware of the maximum length of thesis that you are allowed to submit as per Section 13.6 in the Research Degrees Operational Handbook. We will print and bind your Thesis to University specifications.
Instructions to order:
- Click on ‘add to basket’ and complete all the sections of the questionnaire using the valid code given to you by your tutor or course admin office.
- The questionnaire also captures the wording for your cover:
- Thesis Title: Up to 6 lines of 33 characters both upper and lower case
- Your Details: Please enter your name, qualification and year of submission. Up to 3 lines of 33 characters both upper and lower case.
- Spine: Please enter your name, abbreviated qualification e.g. PhD, and year of submission. 1 line of 33 characters both upper and lower case.
- Checkout your order.
- On confirmation of your order you will receive an email for you to respond to with the PDF file of your dissertation. Please note your file must be PDF, no other formats are accepted.
For any enquiries about this service please contact [email protected] or for other print enquiries please contact [email protected]